Are soaked apples healthy?
Soaked fruits are considered a great alternative to fresh apples, especially in winter. They perfectly retain all the beneficial components inherent in fresh fruits and, with regular use, are able to provide invaluable benefits to the human body. What are the medicinal qualities of soaked apples, and how should they be consumed - further in the article.
Calorie content and composition of fruits
Soaked apples are a tasty, aromatic and healthy product that has passed the stage of urination-fermentation, in which the composition of the fruit is not destroyed, and their shelf life is significantly increased.
The fruits soaked in a special brine have a rich chemical composition, which determines their valuable properties.
In their composition you can find:
- dietary fiber and fiber;
- organic and inorganic acids;
- vitamins and minerals.
However, despite such a multifaceted composition, the calorie content of the product is quite low. For 100 grams, there are only 40-60 kcal (depending on the variety of apples), which makes it possible to use it in diet and weight loss.
Did you know? Urination is one of the oldest long-term storage methods for fruits and vegetables. Scientists claim that many nations prepared the dihydrated fruits even before our era. In modern Russia, soaked apples gained wide popularity during the time of Peter I.
Nutritional Information and Vitamin Composition
The composition of soaked apples is complemented by a wide range of active biological components, micro and macro elements.
Among the vitamins in the composition of sweet and sour snacks can be noted:
- Group B (B1, B2, B6, B9): improves the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, relieves depression and nervous tension, activates the brain;
- C (ascorbic acid): is a natural stimulant for the immune system, fights free radicals, promotes the activation of oxidative processes;
- A: positively affects visual function, reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, participates in energy exchange processes;
- E: fights premature aging, cleans cells from harmful substances and toxins, accelerates the regeneration of epidermal cells;
- K: takes part in the process of blood coagulation, promotes the rapid healing of damaged tissues, participates in the functioning of the liver and kidneys;
- PP: regulates blood cholesterol, maintains normal sugar levels, fights free radicals.
Mineral components of apples in a soaked form are presented:
- calcium: serves as a prophylaxis of osteoporosis, strengthens bone and muscle tissue;
- iron: prevents the development of anemia, takes an active part in the process of hematopoiesis, improves blood composition;
- potassium: beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, regulates the water balance and serves as a prevention of the formation of swelling;
- aluminum: takes part in the regeneration of bone and muscle tissue, has a beneficial effect on the activity of enzymes and digestive glands;
- sodium: maintains normal water-alkaline balance in the cells, regulates the amount of fluid in the body;
- iodine: beneficial effect on the thyroid gland, prevents the development of iodine deficiency;
- silicon: takes part in the assimilation of a large number of mineral salts and vitamins, stimulates the functioning of the immune system, strengthens connective tissue;
- zinc: positively affects all body systems, improves the condition of the skin, strengthens hair and nails.
Important! The process of soaking apples lasts about one month. Only after this time they are allowed to eat.
The energy value of soaked apples is 118 kJ.
BZHU product is as follows:
- proteins - 0.4 g;
- fats - 0.4 g;
- carbohydrates - 9.8 g.
The calorie content of the finished product depends on the variety of fruits
Properties of soaked apples
The multifaceted, rich chemical composition of soaked apples determines their high beneficial qualities and a positive effect on the human body. They have anti-inflammatory, general strengthening, immunostimulating, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-aging effects, which allows the use of fruits for the treatment and prevention of many ailments.
Due to the high content of dietary fiber and fiber, apples normalize the digestive tract, improve intestinal motility, stimulate the functioning of the digestive tract. By eating fruit regularly, you can restore the intestinal microflora and the optimal amount of beneficial bacteria. Sweet and sour snack helps to eliminate toxins and harmful substances, activates the production of gastric juice, stimulates appetite.
Ascorbic acid in the composition of the product is the strongest antioxidant that strengthens the immune system, increases the protective functions of the body, helps fight viruses and bacteria.. That is why apples are very useful for the children's body. In addition to improving appetite, normalizing the intestinal microflora, they also provide the body with resistance to various external factors - infections, viruses, etc.
Due to the presence of vitamin D and calcium, soaked fruits strengthen bone and muscle tissue, contribute to the normal development of skeleton bones, and strengthen joints.
No less useful urine preparations for pregnant women and women who are breast-feeding. They allow you to get rid of toxicosis in the early stages of pregnancy, remove excess fluid from the body, which serves as an excellent prevention of the appearance of puffiness. Regular use of the product in moderate dosages relieves constipation, improves the functioning of the digestive tract, and prevents the development of dysbiosis in nursing women.
Vitamin PP is the best assistant for the hormonal system of women. It helps to restore the hormonal background, improve the functioning of the reproductive system, reduce pain during menstruation, and normalize the menstrual cycle. The harmoniously balanced composition of the fruits allows you to improve the condition of the skin, strengthen hair and nails, and prevents the premature aging of the female body.
- Masks based on soaked apples make it possible to get rid of many cosmetic defects:
- eliminate fine and expression lines;
- fight inflammation and acne;
- have a lifting effect, tightening the skin and making it more elastic and elastic;
- Rejuvenate the epidermis.
Soaked apples are also valuable to men.. They strengthen the blood vessels of the heart, thereby serve as the prevention of strokes and heart attacks, allow you to restore strength after heavy physical exertion, resume normal functioning of the reproductive system, improve potency.
A soaked snack is extremely useful for health problems such as:
- low acidity of the stomach;
- iron deficiency or anemia;
- pathology from the cardiovascular system;
- reduced immunity;
- disturbances in the functioning of the digestive system.
They have a positive effect on almost all body systems, while being a low-calorie product indicated for obesity, diets and weight loss.
Harm and contraindications
Along with a wide range of useful qualities, soaked apples can harm a person.
- In particular, it is better to abandon the product when:
- individual intolerance;
- allergies to foods with a high content of ascorbic acid;
- increased acidity of the stomach, since the fruits have the ability to increase acidity;
- any diseases in the acute stage;
- peptic ulcer.
Uncontrolled eating of fruits can only aggravate existing ailments, and also cause acute diarrhea in all categories of consumers. During pregnancy, excessive consumption of fruits can cause severe swelling. In diabetes mellitus, the use of sweet soaked apples can provoke an increase in glucose levels.
Important! It is not recommended to feed children under the age of 3 years with soaked fruits. The product is also forbidden to eat to people for whom alcohol is contraindicated, since it, albeit in small quantities, contains alcohol.
Standards and rules for the use of soaked apples
You can get the maximum benefit from soaked apples if you follow certain dosages when consumed. For a healthy person who does not have gastrointestinal problems, limited daily the dose of apples in soaked form is up to 1.5 kg. But they don’t advise eating a similar amount of food in one “sitting down”; it is better to divide the portion into several receptions.
When eating fruits on the background of any ailments associated with the functioning of the digestive system, it is recommended to reduce the daily serving of apples to 2-3 pieces, but not more than 1 fruit per 1 dose. It is strictly forbidden to eat fruits on an empty stomach if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
The children's apple consumption rate is 1–2 pcs., Depending on the age of the child and his state of health.
Did you know? Surprisingly, when apples are soaked, ascorbic acid is not washed out, but, on the contrary, the percentage of its content increases several times, especially if the fruits are harvested together with viburnum or cranberries.
Storage of soaked apples
The method of harvesting apples in the form of urination has been known since ancient times. Previously, the main dishes for the preparation and storage of products were wooden barrels. Today, enameled, glass or plastic utensils are used for these purposes.
The main thing: when storing apples, observe a certain temperature regime. The first 7 days immediately after harvesting, it is recommended that they be stored at room temperature. Next, the workpiece must be moved to a cooler place where it will be stored until spring.
The optimal conditions are:
- cool, dry place;
- temperature indicators in the range 0 ... + 4 ° С.
It is not recommended that the soaked fruits be frozen, since the appearance of the fruit and its structure under the influence of subzero temperatures are significantly impaired. It must be remembered that on where and how the soaked fruits are stored, their healing properties and palatability will depend.Soaked apples, unfortunately, have lost their former popularity today. And it is completely in vain, because they have a huge range of useful qualities and are able to have a positive effect on almost all systems of the human body. In addition to being very tasty, they serve as a natural remedy for the prevention of vitamin deficiency, digestive tract disorders, anemia, atherosclerosis and other serious health disorders.