The main features of the greenhouse "Country arrow"
Many gardeners grow early vegetables and herbs on their plots to get a generous and vitamin harvest. For these purposes, they use greenhouses of various sizes, and one of the most popular varieties of hotbeds is the "Country arrow". This design is characterized by good stability and high quality of all elements, and two people will be able to install it on the site. This article lists the main characteristics, pluses and minuses of the "Summer Arrow" greenhouse, provides detailed assembly instructions for the structure and describes the main recommendations for the operation of the structure.
Design features of the “Summer Arrow” greenhouse
The greenhouse "Country arrow" was developed by the designers of the company "Volia" in 2011. The material for the skeleton of the structure is galvanized steel, which provides strength and durability of the structure, and light and porous polycarbonate helps to achieve good thermal insulation.
Did you know? In Europe, the first greenhouses appeared in the XVI century. They were used to grow exotic plants and belonged to wealthy aristocrats.
The main design features of the "Country arrow" are listed below:
- The frame is assembled from arcs, the distance between which is 1 m. They are connected to each other using screeds, bolts and screws.
- The cross section of the metal from which the arcs are made is 60 × 20 mm. The permissible load on each of them is up to 700 kg.
- The roof of the structure refers to the combined type, combining the elements of an arched and gable roof.
- Outside, the frame is covered with cellular polycarbonate with a thickness of 4 mm or more. It consists of cells with air and transmits light well, but protects the plants inside the structure from direct sunlight.
- The permissible load on 1 m² of the greenhouse surface is 450 kg. The design retains its shape and stability even if 2.25 m of freshly fallen snow or 1.1 m of packed snow are on its surface.
- At each of the ends of the structure there is a door and a window leaf. The manufacturer can also install additional side windows with a mechanical or automatic opening method.
- The total weight of the finished structure ranges from 122 kg to 200 kg.
- Polycarbonate for cladding is packed in rolls 2.1 m long and about 1.2 m in diameter.
- All details of the “Summer Arrow” greenhouse are numbered, and complete assembly instructions are provided with them.
- The manufacturer's warranty for this design is 2 years, but subject to proper assembly and operation, the structure can last about 20 years.
The greenhouse "Summer Arrow" has gained wide popularity among gardeners due to its many advantages, which distinguish it from other structures.
- The main advantages of this design include such qualities:
- the combined shape of the roof - helps to avoid accumulation of snow, while maximally preserving the internal usable space;
- polycarbonate retains heat well and transmits light;
- stability, strength and durability of the structure is achieved due to the reinforced metal frame and high impact resistance of polycarbonate;
- the greenhouse can be installed with or without a foundation;
- ease of transportation - unassembled all the details of the structure can be transported by car;
- plasticity and ease of processing of polycarbonate - special skills are not required for sheathing the frame;
- universality - the greenhouse is suitable for growing plants of various heights;
- lightweight polycarbonate creates minimal pressure on the soil or foundation, which eliminates the occurrence of distortions of the structure;
- good ventilation due to the presence of doors and window leaves at the ends.
Did you know? Most greenhouses are in the Netherlands - the total area of all closed greenhouses here is more than 10 thousand hectares.
The only drawback of the greenhouse cottage arrow is a large number of parts. The assembly assembly instruction is very detailed and does not contain specific terms, and all parts in the kit are marked. But many gardeners who do not have practical experience in performing similar work have difficulties when trying to independently understand the schemes indicated by the manufacturer. In such cases, it is recommended to hire installers to install the facility who will perform this procedure as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Selection of optimal greenhouse sizes
The manufacturer offers several options for the size of the finished structure. This allows you to buy a greenhouse that is best suited for a particular site. But the height and width of the finished structure at the same time remain unchanged - 2.5 m and 2.6 m, respectively. These parameters are selected taking into account the fact that the standard sheet of polycarbonate has dimensions of 2.1 × 6 m, so it is easiest to use for sheathing the frame with this width and height.
Important! When installing a greenhouse «Country arrow» Protective gloves are recommended to prevent scratching your hands on sharp structural elements.
A description of the possible lengths of the “Summer Arrow” greenhouse offered by the manufacturer is presented below:
- length 2 m - the kit includes a metal frame weighing 62 kg and 2 sheets of polycarbonate, and the area of the structure is 5.2 m²;
- length 4 m - the area of the greenhouse is 10.4 m², and for sheathing a frame weighing 93 kg, 3 polycarbonate sheets are included;
- length 6 m - this design is completed with 4 sheets of polycarbonate, and its skeleton weighs 124 kg and covers a plot of 15.6 m²;
- length 8 m - the set consists of metal parts for the frame weighing 155 kg and 5 sheets of polycarbonate, and the area of the greenhouse is 20.8 m².
How to assemble a greenhouse with your own hands
In order to independently assemble the “Summer Arrow” greenhouse, you must strictly adhere to the instructions that the manufacturer offers complete with the product. For better stability of the structure, it is recommended to first build the foundation. Then they begin to assemble the frame, and also cut polycarbonate for sheathing the structure. All necessary fittings and mounting materials are included with the product.
To assemble the structure, you need such tools:
- hacksaw or jigsaw;
- sharp knife;
- building level;
- electric drill;
The structure of the structure with the names of the main parts indicated in brackets is presented below:
- run (2) - 20 pcs. + 20 pcs. on each insert;
- door diagonal (14) - 4 pcs.;
- diagonal door trim (15) - 4 pcs.;
- horizontal vents (19) - 4 pcs.;
- window vents vertical (20) - 4 pcs.;
- hooks - 4 pcs.;
- lower arc (4n) - 6 pcs. + 4 pcs. on each insert;
- upper arc (4c) - 6 pcs. on each insert;
- upper pillar of the doorway (8) - 4 pcs.;
- door vertical part (12) - 4 pcs.;
- stand (1) - 10 pcs. on each insert;
- support (3) - 10 pcs. on each insert;
- end upper coupler (5) - 2 pcs.;
- end lower coupler (6) - 6 pcs.;
- lower pillar of the doorway (7) - 4 pcs.;
- horizontal screed (9) - 1 pc. + 2 pcs. on each insert;
- side brace (10) - 4 pcs. + 8 pcs. on each insert;
- strut strut (11) - 2 pcs. on each insert;
- door horizontal part (13) - 6 pcs .;
- end plate (16) - 2 pcs.;
- door cover for pinwheel (17) - 4 pcs.;
- stiffness cut (18) - 2 pcs. on each insert;
- end amplifier - 4 pcs.;
- ridge profile - 2 pcs. on each insert;
- loop profile 3.6 m long;
- door profile 10 m long;
- end profile 12 m long;
- a set of fasteners - screws (M5xM10, M5xM14, M5xM35, M5xM55, M4xM10), nuts (M4, M5), washers, hinges, bandages, brackets, angles, ridge plates, studs, handles, turntables-blanks, adhesive tape, bending tube.
In more detail about each of the listed stages - further in the article.
Greenhouse "Country arrow" can be installed directly on the ground. To do this, it is enough to dig a trench on the site along the perimeter of the structure and lower the edges of the frame into it with the T-shaped nozzles installed on them. But the design will be much more stable and airtight if it is mounted on a solid foundation.
Important! The Dacha Arrow greenhouse is usually installed on a strip foundation, for which a small ditch is excavated around the perimeter of the structure.
The main foundation options for installing the structure are listed below:
The surface of any foundation is leveled using a building level so that it is strictly horizontal.
At the ends of the Garden arrow greenhouse there are doors and windows, so they have certain differences in the assembly and should be located at the edges of the structure.
A step-by-step instruction for assembling these parts is presented below:
- Collect in pairs 4 arcs 4c.
- Attach element 5 to each of the parts obtained using a bracket.
- To each arc 4c below attach an arc 4n.
- Assemble 2 equal-sized rectangular windows from elements 19 and 20.
- Prepare 2 identical rectangular doors from parts 12 and 13, placing one more part 13 in the center between the sides so that the plane of each door is divided into 2 rectangles.
- Attach parts 14 and 15 in the form of diagonals on each of the rectangles that form the plane of the door.
- Install end parts 6, 7 and 8.
- Attach parts 1, 3 to the lower parts of the end sides of the frame (if the greenhouse is installed on the soil without a foundation).
To assemble the rest of the frame, you need to connect the corresponding elements using existing fasteners. During assembly, individual parts may be unstable, therefore, it is recommended to use additional supports (for example, chairs or wooden boxes) to fix them.
Did you know? Local residents of Iceland often build greenhouses near geysers, as hot water warms the soil well.
A step-by-step algorithm for assembling the frame of the greenhouse "Summer Arrow" is presented below:
- Collect the remaining 4c arcs in pairs. Set the elements between them 9.
- Connect the top points of the parts obtained and the tops of the end sides with the help of a ridge pad.
- Attach runs 2 to the assembled arcs.
- Fix on the lower parts of the arches 4c elements 4n on one side of the greenhouse. Connect arches 4n in series using runs 2.
- Similarly install parts 4H and 2 on the second side of the structure.
- Attach parts 1 and 3 to the lower parts of the frame (when installing a greenhouse without a foundation). Install the lower wire bandage.
- Inside the frame, install side braces on each arc, connecting two parts 10. At their junction, install a spacer 11, attaching it to the 4n arc.
Video: Assembling the frame of the greenhouse "Summer arrow"
Before attaching polycarbonate to the frame, you need to cut it. It should be borne in mind that this material must have a protective layer outward. Usually it is on the side with the inscriptions on the shipping film.
Important! The places of polycarbonate cuts must be sealed with tape to prevent moisture from entering the material.
Step-by-step instructions for covering the frame of the structure with polycarbonate are presented below:
- Cut a piece equal to the width of the door from the polycarbonate sheet. Attach the cut fragments to it using bolts and washers.
- Install a seal, a handle and hinges on each door, and then hang it on the end.
- Cut a piece of 2 m long from the rest of the sheet. Attach it to the left side of the end side of the greenhouse and fasten it with bolts. Cut off excess fragments with a knife.
- Similarly, sheathe the right and upper part of the end of the structure, using the remaining piece of sheet. Cover the joints 16.
- On the perimeter of the end, fasten the end amplifier, placing it on a polycarbonate cut. Attach the hooks.
- Covering the second end face in the same way.
- Cut the remaining polycarbonate sheets in half. Sequentially cover the side parts of the greenhouse with prepared pieces, connecting the upper parts of the halves in pairs with adhesive tape. The adjacent rows of material to overlap each other and also fasten with tape.
- When the entire side of the greenhouse is covered with polycarbonate, slide the ridge profile over the entire length of the structure from the side of the end.
- Tighten the polycarbonate to the frame of the greenhouse using a wire band, connecting it to the lower wire band with bolts and fasteners.
- Fasten the lining material from the inside, fixing it on the lower runs with washers.
The finished structure is mounted on a prepared foundation or installed in a trench, digging it with earth. After that, the greenhouse can be used to grow selected garden crops.
Video: Instructions for assembly and cladding of the greenhouse "Country arrow"
Tips for the maintenance and operation of the greenhouse "Country arrow"
In order for the assembled structure to last as long as possible, the gardener must adhere to the rules of its operation and carry out proper maintenance of the structure. To do this, just follow these recommendations:
- sulfur smoke bombs cannot be lit in the greenhouse - this can cause blackening of the galvanized frame material;
- polycarbonate can be left on the structure even in winter time - it is strong enough to withstand gusts of wind and snow;
- every autumn and spring, the surface of the greenhouse is recommended to be washed with ordinary toilet soap, and then thoroughly rinsed with water and wiped with a dry and soft cloth;
- it is impossible to clean the walls and roof of the structure with alkali-containing agents and hard materials (scraper, brush) - this destroys the outer protective layer of polycarbonate;
- in the case of the formation of snowdrifts in winter, it is necessary to clear the snow around the structure so that it does not accumulate on one side, causing deformation of the frame;
- you need to place the greenhouse at a distance of at least 1 m from trees and houses - this will not only help facilitate the access of light into the structure, but also protect it from accidentally falling blocks of ice and large clods of snow in winter.
Important! If necessary, the greenhouse "Country arrow" can be easily disassembled and moved to a new place.
The Greenhouse "Summer Arrow" is a profitable purchase for any gardener, and the detailed instructions presented in this article allow you to independently mount it on your site. Adhering to these recommendations, you can build a stable and roomy structure, which will serve for many years.